Financial independence paves the way for a secure and self-sufficient future.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides free tax preparation for individuals who earn up to $60,000 annually providing immediate cash to supplement living expenses, pay debt, or save money. More information can be found here.
Eligibility to receive free tax filing:
• For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
• Government issued photo identification for you and your spouse (if married)
• Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and/or dependents
• Birth dates for you, spouse, and/or dependents
• A copy of last year’s tax return
• All Forms W-2 and 1099
• Letter 6419 (en-sp) – Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
• Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
• Information for other income
• Information for all deductions (including charitable contributions)/credits
• Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
• For direct deposit of refund, proof of account and bank’s routing number
• For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (and state, if applicable)
• Notice 1444-C, Your 2021 Economic Impact Payment
Where to receive free tax filing:
The Guadalupe Community Center VITA office is open for assistance:
Tax preparation will be returned in 3 business days. Returns will continue to be processed through June 15th.
How to be a VITA volunteer:
Volunteers are provided 20 hours of IRS-certified training for free basic tax preparation. Register with Volunteer Services to become a certified tax preparation volunteer.